Monday, August 6, 2007

Today's Seed of Thought

"How do I know that God loves me?" If someone off the street had asked me that, without thinking I probably would have blurted out, "He has given me a wonderful husband and fine children and a nice place to live and..." So... what about the woman whose husband has left her in unfaithfulness? Does God love her less? What about the homeless man? Does God not love him? There is only one right answer to this question. I know that God loves me because he gave the supreme sacrifice of His Son in order to redeem this worthless self from eternal damnation. Nothing else in this world matters. Lord, forgive me for thinking of anything else except Your ultimate gift as the proof of Your love! That seed of thought germinated from the short and focused presentation of a teenager at church last night. Thank you, Erika.