Tuesday, August 24, 2021

August 8
June 6








Volunteer

My late spring pot looks pretty barren. I planted a couple of marigolds, but that was it.  I knew that God would do the rest.  Probably 5 years ago I planted some vincas in this pot, and every year since they have  come up from seed "voluteer." Of course, they also come up in every crevice on my patio, too, which I don't mind either.  It reminds me that what we plant one year can have longer effects than what was originally intended.  What we sow, we also reap. We often think of that passage in the negative, warning people of the dangers of sowing bad deeds, but the passage ends in the positive. Sowing good things, even once, may benefit others for years to come. Think about how some word of encouragement that someone spoke to you years ago still lingers in your mind unbeknown to the speaker. "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a person sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will reap destruction from the flesh, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit. Let’s not become discouraged in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not become weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let’s do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith." Galatians 6:7-10